The Rottweiler Club of Victoria Inc has its very own training venues. Details:
(For Rottweilers and all other breeds)
Wednesday Nights –
KCC Park, Dandenong-Hastings Road, Cranbourne
Training sessions commence at 7.30pm.
Classes are for approximately one hour. Vaccination certificates are required.
Current vaccination certificate required
Please be on time for classes. People wishing to train their dogs should be at the ground approximately 15 to 30 minutes before training to ensure that check-in is completed in time for classes to begin.
Classes range from Puppy Socialisation and Beginners to advanced. Classes operate in five week blocks with Testing night for promotion into the next class at the end of every five weeks. A sausage sizzle is also provided on Testing nights.
Generally it is better to start training a dog while it is young but some excellent results have been achieved with older dogs. The results achieved depend upon regular training and the care with which the advice given by the Instructor is applied.
The more advanced handlers and dogs are encouraged to enter Obedience Trials in which they compete against dogs of all breeds from all over the state and even interstate. Not only do they compete against each other, dogs who receive qualifying scores can obtain Obedience Titles, e.g. C.D. (Companion Dog), C.D.X. (Companion Dog Excellent) U.D. (Utility Dog).
Although we encourage Trialing, this is not essential. The fact that you are willing to attend training and socialise your dog is commendable.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask your Instructor or the Obedience Co-ordinators, they are there to help.
Obedience Training Rules
- Bitches in season are not permitted on the ground.
- All dogs must be on lead at all times unless in class under supervision.
- Dogs must not be left unattended at any time.
- Children are not permitted to be in charge of a Rottweiler.
- Handlers are not permitted to smoke while training.
- Handlers must present their membership cards on request.
- Sick dogs are not to attend class.
- Aggressive dogs may be requested to wear a muzzle.
- Dogs are not permitted in the club rooms.
- Dogs who have received training elsewhere in aggression to man are unable to participate in RCV Inc. training. Our aim is to produce well socialised dogs that are safe with the public.